WELCOME TO CMC JAYAMATHA PROVINCE
Pala diocese was erected by bifurcating Changanacherry diocese in 1950. Consequent to this division, our convents within the territory of Pala diocese were brought under a new unit on 8th April 1952 known as Palai diocesan unit of TOCD ( Jayamatha Province, Pala). St. Joseph’s convent, Mutholy (1888), the first branch of the Koonamavu convent founded by St.Kuriakose Elias Chavara was decided as the headquarters and the Sacred Heart convent Ramapuram was decided as the novitiate house of the new unit. The first mother General of Pala unit was Mother Martha Perumalil Kaithakkari (1952-’54). Under the leadership of Mother Kochuthresia Kayathumkara (1954-60), Pala CMC, ventured into the field of healing ministry by sending two sisters to study GNM. In 1958, a hospital-Ranigiri- was built and opened at Thudanganadu, which was the first attempt of CMC in medical field.
The headquarters of the province, Holy Family convent at Pala was erected in 1957 and the Novitiate house, Karoor was opened in 1958. Jayamatha sowed the seed of C.M.C among the migrated Syrian Christians in the region of Malabar since 1956. It sprouted and multiplied into 4 provinces namely St. Joseph's Province Tellicherry, Sacred Heart Province Mananthavady, St. Mary's province Thamarassery and St. Euprasia province Karnataka.
Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD" Psalm 31: 24
The zealous C.M.C missionaries of CMC Pala set out of Kerala for the first time in 1963, opened a mission station at Mandamari in Chanda diocese, Andhra Pradesh and then in the North Eastern states in 1966. These mission stations became new provinces called Christu Jyothi Province Mancherial, Sanjoe province Dimapur and Jagathmatha Province Jagdalpur. Missionary activities are extended up to Tanzania in East Africa. By means of apostolate like direct Evangelisation, Education, Healing Ministry, Social Work and Media, Jayamatha province focuses on the faith formation of God's own people specially women & children. The retreat centre Tabor at Geovally and Misiha Ashram at Parathanam deserve special mention.
We are happy to note that the province is yearning for the holistic development of the people in and around. At present Jayamatha has 36 houses in Kerala and one in Germany. There are 546 sisters in the province. By the grace of God, we celebrated the Diamond Jubilee of our province in 2012. CMC Jayamatha feels indebted to all our former provincial superiors, Mother Martha Perumalil Kaithakkari (1952-1954), Mother Kochuthresia Kayathumkara (1954-1960), Mother Ursula Neriamparampil (1960-1966), Mother Flora Manjakkunnel (1966-0971), Mother Mary Angel Edayody(1971-1977), Mother Harold Kadankavil (1977-1982), Mother Silvia Medayil (1982- 1988), Mother Laetitia Valiakandam (1988-1991), Mother Rosaritta Parippeettathottu (1991- 1997), Mother Augusta Mattam (1997-2003), Mother Philositta Kumplankal (2003-2009), Mother Lucine Mary Valummel (2009-2015) and Mother Jais Thattarakath (2015-2021). Present Provincial Superior Mother Siji Therese Kizhakke Vellilappallil devotes her heart and soul to make the province fruitful and graceful before God and men. We lift our hearts in profound gratitude to God Almighty for the abundant blessings showered on us all these years.